Are you searching online for how to block GTBank account or ATM card?
This post reveals several ways you can block your GTB account and ATM card from unauthorized transactions.
For me, the GTBank account blocking code is one of the best technological innovations to have come from the bank.
With this, customers who misplaced there card or lost it to criminals, can easily secure their accounts to avoid losing their hard-earned money.
If you are in a situation where you need to quickly lock your Guaranty Trust Bank account to avoid leaving your account, you will find the information featured in this post very helpful. Every detail you need has been fully revealed below. Kindly read on to learn more.
- GTBank customer care number, Whatsapp number, email address and social media pages
- How to open GTBank account online
- GTBank Swift Code
- How to link up a token to a GTBank account
- eNaira CBN App, Wallet and Portal
How To Block GTB Account And ATM Card
Here are the numerous ways to block your GTBank account or ATM card instantly in Nigeria. You can also use this methods to block your GTB account from another phone.
1. GTBank Account And ATM Card Blocking Code
GTBank has announced that customers can block their accounts and debit cards with the use of their popular USSD code.
USSD is a technology platform through which information can be transmitted through a GSM network on a basic phone. This service is available on all mobile phones with SMS facility.
To block your GTBank account or ATM card using USSD code, dial *737*51*74# on your phone. This will automatically lock your account from any unauthorized debit transactions.
Note that you must do this with the mobile phone number associated with your bank account. This method is very fast and Swift.
2. Via SMS
You can also block your account via sms, although this will charge the usual sms fee which is N4.
To deactivate your GTBank account via sms, all you need do is text “HOTLIST” followed by your Account Number to 08076665555.
For instance “HOTLIST 001234567” to 0807666555. Once the text has been received, your account will be locked and ATM blocked.
3. Via GTB Internet Banking/Mobile Application
This is another great way to block your GTBank Debit card.
- Log on to Internet Banking or mobile application with your user id and password
- Click on “Cards”
- Select card number and reason for blocking
- Provide answer to your secret question
- Click Continue and wait. In less than 5 seconds, your account with will be locked, pending when you visit your bank to unblock it.
4. Via The ATM Option
You can visit the nearest GTBank machine around you. Follow the steps below to get it done:
- Press any Key on the ATM to perform cardless transaction
- Select “Cardless Hotlist”
- Enter phone number
- Supply the last four digits of the card to be deactivated/blocked/hotlisted
- Enter your ‘token code’
- Click “Submit”
- The card will be deactivated/blocked/hotlisted successfully
- Please note that once your Naira Mastercard is deactivated, you will be unable to unblock it and/or use it for any form of transaction.
5. Via A Phone Call, Email or GTB Social Media Customer Care
This is another great way to block either your debit or credit card.
If your card is lost or stolen, You can contact GTBank Card Services immediately using the following telephone numbers:
- Debit Cards:+234-1-4480027.
- Credit Cards:+234-1-4480027.
Also, If you believe your PIN or Password has been compromised you can call GTConnect on 0700-482666328, +23401448000, +2348029002900 or +2348039003900.
You can also send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Unblock Your Blocked GTB ATM Card And Account
To unblock your GTB account or ATM card, call GTConnect using any of the official GTB customer care numbers or visit any GTBank branch.
In this article we outlined how you can use ussd code, text message, ATM option, mobile banking/internet banking and phone call to block your GTBank account or deactivate your GTB ATM card from working after you misplace it.
Are you a customer of Guaranty Trust Bank? Save this post somewhere. You or someone you know may need it someday.
I hope you find this information useful. If you do, feel free to share it with your family and friends on social media. You may be saving a life by that action.
- Standard Chartered Bank Account Blocking Code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code