Here’s a complete guide on how to block and unblock your First Bank account and ATM card in Nigeria. Check it out!
Due to life circumstances, it is very easy for one to misplace his ATM card or mistakenly reveal his bank account details to fraudsters.
I have heard stories of people who lost their debit cards due to one reason or the other, only to have their entire life savings withdrawn in less than 24 hours.
Though stories like that makes one to one at the kind of hearts some people possess, such incidences can actually be avoided.
Without any shadow of doubt, the best way to secure your bank account and money after you have lost your debit card is to block the card.
Are you searching online for how to block First Bank account or ATM card?
This post features First Bank of Nigeria account blocking code and several other ways you can deactivate your lost ATM card for any transaction. Read on!
How To Block First Bank Account Or ATM Card Instantly
1. First Bank Account And ATM Card Blocking Code
To block your First Bank of Nigeria account or ATM card, dial *894*911# and follow the instructions on your screen.
Within a few minutes, the First Bank account and ATM card will be blocked and can never be used for cash withdrawals and payment of goods and services, till you visit your bank to unblock it.
This is definitely the fastest way to stop opportunists (fraudsters and cyber criminals) from using your lost debit cards for fraudulent transactions both online and offline.
2. Through First Bank Mobile App
This is also a very easy way to block your debit card.
Simply login on your First Bank mobile app and navigate to block your ATM card. Click on it and wait for a few seconds.
That’s all. Your card be rendered invalid immediately!
3. Via SMS
You can also block your First Bank account or ATM card using the bank text message service. Though you would need to have at least N4 airtime on your phone to execute this.
Though this method is also fast, you can’t compare it to the first.
To deactivate your First Bank ATM card or block your account using the bank text message service, send “BLOCK” in an SMS to 30012.
In less than 5 seconds, your lost ATM card will stop working wherever it is!
4. Via A Phone Call To First Bank Customer Service Centre
Another great way to stop your lost First Bank of Nigeria debit card from working is by contacting the bank customer care agents via a mobile phone call.
The number to call is 0700-34778-2668228.
Once you call the customer service line for this purpose, you may be asked a few set of questions to prove that the card is yours. Once you have proven that, the card will be instantly stopped from working.
Though this method is also a good option, it does require you to have a substantial amount of airtime on your line before calling.
You may also have to keep your bank details handy in case they’re asked.
How To Unblock First Bank Account And ATM Card in Nigeria
To unblock your First Bank account or ATM card, kindly walk into any of the branches nationwide and submit a request with the customer care agents. In less than 24 hours, it will be unblocked.
You can proceed to carry out whatever transaction you want using the account or debit card.
Also Read: eNaira CBN App, Wallet and Portal
This guide is a complete guide on how to block First Bank account and ATM card instantly in Nigeria.
Here we outlined how you can use the First Bank account blocking ussd code, text message service and phone call to stop your FBN account or ATM card from working temporarily.
You can also use the methods here to unblock your First Bank of Nigeria account and ATM Card if needed.
I hope you find the information on this page useful!
- Standard Chartered Bank Account Blocking Code
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Wema Bank Account and ATM Card
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
For more information, you can visit First Bank website here