Did you reveal your account information to internet fraudsters? Have you been searching for a way to block your Ecobank account and ATM card? You’ve landed on the right webpage!
This page reveals several ways you can easily block and unblock your Ecobank account and ATM card from the comfort of your home.
- Ecobank Nigeria Customer Care Number, Whatsapp Number, Email Address and Verified Social Media Pages
It’s now considered old fashioned to stand on bank queues for any little transaction these days.
People now use their Mobile phones to control their bank account from anywhere in the world.
In the case of stolen ATM card, the time you would waste to stand on a queue to lodge a complain at the bank can be used to do a number on you.
Numerous ways have been outlined in this guide on how you can block your Ecobank account and ATM card without visiting the banking hall. Keep reading!
How To Block Your Ecobank Account And ATM Card
Ecobank has come up with various ATM blocking methods that are fast, easy, and reliable since the introduction of mobile banking and internet banking. You can also block your Ecobank account from another phone with any of these. Some of these methods includes:
1. Ecobank Text Banking
Ecobank Text Banking gives customers the power to leverage on the use of their mobile device to carry out almost all banking transactions, and not waste useful time queuing in the bank.
To block your Ecobank account or ATM card by text message, simply send “Stop ATM NUBAN NUMBER” ” to 0806ECOBANK (08063262265) using your mobile phone. All ATM card transactions will be stopped immediately.
Note that it is necessary to send the sms from the number registered with your bank account. Normal sms charges applies.
2. Ecobank Account Blocking USSD Code
This is another great way to block your Eco bank account and ATM card.
To block your Ecobank account or debit card using the official Ecobank account blocking code, simply dial *326*911# from any mobile device. Enter your account number followed by your mobile number. Then Press 1 to confirm your request and instantly block your account.
3. Ecobank Customer Care Service
You can also use this method to block your Ecobank account and ATM card.
The customer care representatives are there to attend to you 24/7. You either call them or send them a message via their email or social media platforms and they’ll attend to you as quickly as possible.
Below are their contact details:
Phone Calls: You can reach the Eco bank Customer care service via calls on
0806-ECOBANK or their telephone number on +2347005000000.
Social Media Handles: You can also contact them on;
You can also send them a mail via their email address telling them to block your ATM card.
Email: Send a mail to email@example.com.
Also, you can visit their website at www.ecobank.com.
How To Unblock Your Ecobank Account And ATM Card
To unblock your Ecobank ATM card or bank account for transaction, simply send “Start ATM NUBAN NUMBER” ” to 0806ECOBANK (08063262265) using your mobile phone.
All ATM card transactions will resume immediately on the existing card.
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
Knowledge is power. It is necessary you know the various ways in which you can block and unblock your Ecobank account and ATM card at anytime.
You are responsible for your own money. In order not to be rip of your hard earned money, you need to stay at alert at all times because these internet fraudsters are always busy looking for who to scam.
I hope you find this information useful, if yes, please feel free to share.