In this guide, I will show you how to block and unblock your Sterling Bank account and ATM Card using the official Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code, Mobile App and a few other ways.
Cybercrime has become so rampant and fraudulent technology experts popularly known as “Hackers”, have become a serious challenge to the new trend of Mobile Banking.
Are you a Sterling Bank customer and have lost your ATM Card? Are you suspecting any fraudulent act on your account?
This article will then be of great help to you as it offers you a step-by-step instructions on how to block your Sterling ATM Card and bank account.
If you have any question at the end of this article, kindly let me know through the comment section below this post. I’ll respond to it as soon as I see it.
How To Block Sterling Bank Account And ATM Card
There are various ways through which you can block your Sterling Bank account and ATM Card. You can use these to block Sterling account from another phone. These are:
1. Sterling Bank Account Blocking USSD Code
To block your sterling bank debit card or bank account, dial *822*911# on your phone and follow the instructions displayed on your screen. Instantly your ATM card or bank account will be freezed.
Do note that the above code must be dialed from the phone number linked to the account.
This is the fastest way to block a Sterling Bank account or ATM card. The most interesting part is that this ussd code does not require a data connection or airtime on your phone before you can use it.
You can dial it at anytime, anywhere using any type of phone available to you.
2. Sterling Bank Mobile App
Sterling bank has a Mobile App for both Android and iPhone users. This Mobile App has some great features which are outlined below:
- Make Recurrent Payments
- Authentication Options (Biometric)
- Link multiple Sterling bank accounts
- Pay TV subscription
- Do funds transfer to any Bank account in Nigeria and beyond
- Top up any mobile network in the country any time and any day
- Make payment for Utility Bills
- Chat with a Sterling Bank customer care rep live right from the app
- Sterling OnePay (with this you can find any Automated Teller Machine (ATM) of Sterling Bank closest to you and withdraw cash without using your debit card)
- Use the locator option to search for the ATM or Bank branch nearest to you.
- Deactivate your ATM card.
There are two ways to block a Sterling Bank account on the mobile app:
You either chat live with their customer care representative from the App, or press the “Option” key, navigate to cards.
You will see your active ATM cards listed there. Click on the one you want and toggle it off to deactivate it.
The ATM card will be blocked instantly.
3. Sterling Bank Customer Care Service
You can reach Sterling Bank customer care service through phone call, email address or social media handles and have them block your bank account or ATM card for you.
To do that, dial 070078375464 to speak a customer service representative or send an email to email@example.com.
You can also message them through their social media handles:
How To Unblock Sterling Bank Account/ATM Card
Are you searching online for how to unblock your Sterling Bank account?
Unfortunately, the only way to unblock a blocked Sterling Bank account or ATM card is by walking into the banking hall and requesting for it.
You will have to fill a form in the banking hall there and wait for a few hours for it to be processed.
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
Regardless of all the security measures put in place to reduce the rate of fraudulent activities in the bank, the big news is that there is only one person in the world with the Superpowers needed to stop fraudsters from operating online. And that person is YOU!
Always be at alert to safeguard your money by keeping your banking details safe from them.
Have you been searching online for how to block or unblock your Sterling Bank Account or ATM card?
I hope you find this information useful.
Kindly help share this post online by clicking on any of the social media share buttons below.