This article explains how you can block and unblock your UBA account and debit card using United Bank for Africa account blocking code. Check it out!
Did you misplace your ATM card? Or you mistakenly reveal your account details to fraudsters?
If yes, then you have nothing to worry about.
The United Bank Of Africa (UBA) has introduced some ways you can block your account easily from the comfort of your home.
How To Block UBA Account/ATM Card
Here are the numerous ways to block your United Bank for Africa account or Debit card. You can also use these methods to block UBA account from another phone.
1. UBA Account And Debit Card Block Code
The USSD code can be used on any type of Mobile phone, either android, java or ios. It does not require data subscription nor airtime to work.
You can dial it at any time of the day even during the weekends and public holidays it works 24/7, it is very fast and reliable. As soon as you dial it, Your account and debit card will be blocked until you visit your branch to get it lifted.
To block your UBA account number or ATM card, simply dial *919*911# from the mobile phone number linked to your account. Your UBA bank account will be instantly locked.
2. Via UBA Whatsapp And Facebook Chat
The WhatsApp and Facebook application is arguably the best messaging app thanks to its ease of use. Now, you can carry out some basic banking activities on your WhatsApp Application simply by chatting with “Leo” which is UBA’s Artificial Intelligence Personality.
LEO is already present in over 14 African subsidiaries, including Nigeria, available in three languages, and has now been rolled out to customers on WhatsApp.
To block your account through Whatsapp, add the UBA WhatsApp banking number 09030010007 to your contacts list.
Then Send “FREEZE ACCOUNT” or “BLOCK CARD” to Leo on Whatsapp or Facebook to freeze your account or block your card.
3. Via UBA Mobile App
This is another great way to block your GTBank Debit card.
All you need do is to:
- Login to Internet Banking/Mobile Banking.
- Click on DEBIT CARD SERVICES.
- Click on DEBIT CARD OFF (Temporary Blocking).
- Select your Account Number & Card Number form the drop-down menu, select the reason for blocking and wait for a few seconds.
4. Via A Phone Call Or Email To The Customer Service Centre
This is another great way to block your bank account and debit card.
If your card is lost or stolen kindly call any of the contact service numbers: 07002255822, (+234) 01-2808822 (2808UBA), (+234) 01-6319822, (+234) 07002255-822 or (0700-CALL-UBA)
You can also contact them via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Unblock UBA Account and ATM Card
Unfortunately, there’s no other way to unlock your UBA account after locking it apart from visiting your branch.
Have you been searching online on how to block your UBA account or debit card?
You can do that using the UBA account blocking code *919*911#, chatting with Leo on whatsapp or facebook and other options revealed here.
I hope you find this information useful. If yes, feel free to share it with your family and friends. You might be saving someone somewhere.
- Standard Chartered Bank Account Blocking Code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- GTBank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock GTB Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code