In this guide, I’ll show you how to block and unblock your Standard Chartered Bank account using the official Standard Bank account blocking USSD code and many other ways. Read on!
The world has truly evolved. civilization, modernization and digitization has changed how things are done in all sectors of life (agriculture, education, health etc).
The banking sector is not left behind in this evolution as digitization has changed the banking game, making it possible for us to transact, pay for goods and services, make investments and do so many other activities online from the comfort of our homes, with just our mobile devices.
This digitization has also given rise to cybercrime. Hackers can strip you of your life savings if you’re not careful enough.
That is why it is paramount to know all the available ways to block your Standard Chartered account and ATM Card just in case the need ever arises.
You will learn about several ways to do this in this article as you read on.
It is important that you get in touch immediately with the bank if your card is stolen or lost to prevent any kind of unauthorised transactions. You can also use any of the methods below to deactivate your ATM card and lock your account.
Here Are The Various Ways To Block Your Standard Chartered Account And ATM Card
You can block your Standard Chartered account and ATM Card using any of these methods below. You can also use these to block the account/ATM card from another phone.
1. Standard Chartered Bank Account Blocking Code
To block your Standard Chartered bank account or ATM card, dial *977# and follow the on-screen instructions. In less than 3 minutes, your ATM card and account will be blocked.
This is one of the great ways to block your account and ATM Card. This ussd code does not require a data connection.
All you need do is go to your phone’s and dial the code then follow the message on your mobile phone’s screen. Your card will be blocked immediately.
2. Standard Chartered Internet Banking
This is another great way to block your account and ATM card.
You can block your credit card through the Standard Chartered internet banking portal.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your internet banking account with your credentials.
- Select the option of ‘Help & Services’.
- Go to the section of ‘Card Management’ and then select ‘Report Lost/Stolen Card’.
- Once done, you will need to follow the instructions on the screen.
- On completion, your credit card will be blocked and a replacement card will be sent to your registered mailing address.
3. Standard Chartered Mobile App
Standard Chartered also offers you an option of blocking your credit card through their Mobile App.
Here are the steps to be followed to do so:
- Download their Mobile App from your respective App store
- Open the mobile app and log in with your credentials.
- Click on ‘Help & Services’.
- Visit the section of ‘Card Management’ and click on ‘Report Lost/Stolen Card’.
- State your reason for blocking and follow the instructions.
Once done, the credit card will be blocked and a replacement will be sent to the registered mailing address.
4. Standard Chartered Customer Care Service
For immediate assistance with blocking your Standard Bank account or ATM card, you can call Standard Chartered Client Contact Centre at +2341 2704611-4 or +23480 01235000 (toll free).
You can also send them a mail using the email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
They can so be reached through their social media handles:
How To Unblock Your Standard Chartered Bank Account And ATM Card
To unblock your Standard Chartered bank account or ATM card, simply walk into any of the bank’s branches across the country and submit a request for that.
Within 24 hours, the account or ATM card will be unblocked.
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
Despite all the security measures put in place to secure your money, the only person that’s responsible for your money is YOU.
Always be at alert and do not reveal your vital banking information to people you do not know well. You never know who you can trust these days.
Have you been searching online for how to block Standard Chartered Bank account or ATM card?
I hope you find this information useful. If yes, please feel free to share it online by clicking on any of the share buttons below.