In this post, I will show you how to block and unblock your Keystone Bank account and ATM card using the official Keystone Bank account blocking code and several other methods.
There could be several reasons as to why you would want to block your account or ATM Card.
This could be as a result of a missing, misplaced, compromised, or stolen debit card.
The ATM card is of great value and can easily be used to remove funds from your account.
With a significant increase in the crime rate recently, fraudsters do not even need your full details to access your account.
A little compromise exposing the PINs, serial numbers or CVVs is enough to rip you of your life savings in your bank account.
There are different ways of blocking a Keystone Bank account and ATM card.
The old method of ATM card deactivation, which involves going to the nearest bank to make a complaint and fill forms is considered old fashioned.
And it gives room for defrauding and other malicious acts on your account. It also takes a long time for the blocking to actually take effect. Let me show you faster and better ways to do that below.
How To Block Your Keystone Bank Account/ATM Card
You can block your Keystone Bank account and ATM card using the following ways. You can also use any of these to block Keystone account from another phone.
1. Keystone Bank Account Blocking USSD Code
To block your Keystone Bank account or ATM card, simply dial *7111*911# on your phone and follow the instructions on your screen. In less than 2 minutes, your ATM card will be deactivated and your bank account blocked.
This ussd code service doesn’t require a data connection or airtime. You only need to have service in your phone, then you dial it.
After dialing it. On your mobile phone screen prompt, you will see something like “911 Place Restriction. Enter Mobile/Account Number To Block”.
So, in this step you need to enter your ten (10) digits account number or your Keystone Bank mobile Alert number and click “Send”.
After this, enter your four Digit PIN to confirm. Your account will be successfully blocked immediately after you confirm your mobile banking PIN.
2. Keystone Bank Mobile App Service
All banks now have Mobile App for both Android and iPhone users. This App helps customers to control their bank account from the comfort of their homes. All you need do is have a good internet connection.
To block your Keystone Bank account or debit card using mobile app, simply download the Keystone Bank Mobile App from your respective App store.
After that, Sign Up or Login if you’re a registered customer. Click on the “Options” button, navigate to cards and state your reason for wanting to block it, then proceed. Your card will be blocked instantly.
3. Keystone Bank Customer Care Service
You can also reach Keystone Bank customer care service through phone call, email address, or their social media handles to block your bank account or debit card.
The contact details to use are listed below:
- Phone number: +23470020003000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @keystonebankng
- Twitter: @keystonebankng
- Instagram: @keystonebankng
How To Unblock Your Keystone Bank Account/ATM Card
To unblock your Keystone Bank account or ATM card after it has been blocked, simply walk into any of the bank’s branches nationwide and request for it.
In less than 24 hours, the bank will unblock it after carrying out their investigations on the account or debit card.
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code
As an innovative bank, Keystone Bank provides its customers various means of performing different tasks, which also includes blocking your account and ATM card at your own convenient time.
Thus, you can skip the long queue waiting to relay your complaints in the banking hall and get the card blocked from anywhere.
Once your card or account is blocked, you can visit a Keystone Bank branch to unblock your account or request for a new ATM card.
I hope you find this information useful. If yes, please feel free to share.