Cosmetic surgery in Nigeria is one of the keywords Nigerians have shown so much interest in over the last one year.
What is cosmetic surgery?
What are the types of cosmetic surgery available in Nigeria?
What is the cost of cosmetic surgery in Nigeria?
Where can I go for cosmetic surgery in Nigeria?
Which Nigerian hospitals offer cosmetic surgery?
These and many more questions have shown up several times on Google and other search engines.
Are you wondering how much it costs to undergo cosmetic surgery in Nigeria, their types and hospitals that offer them?
This article is for you. Read on to learn more.
Cosmetic surgery in Nigeria
Cosmetic surgery is a type of plastic surgery that is targeted at beautifying a person.
Nigerians were once conservative towards the procedure for fear of anything going wrong with it.
However, there is a recent preference for bigger structures as wider hips, bigger boobs, and bottoms with a perfectly tucked stomach.
This has caused many people to seek body enhancements.
Who doesn’t want a body like that of Nicky Minaj?
Some Nollywood celebrities have also gone ahead to beautify their bodies via this medium, thereby promoting the practice more in the country.
Types of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery can be broadly classified into:
- Breast enhancement
All procedures done on the breast to enhance its looks, including breast lift, implant, and reduction, and male breast reduction (gynecomastia).
- Facial contouring
This includes facelift, forehead, neck, brow, and cheek lift, rhinoplasty (nose shaping), lid reduction, and liposuction (fat removal.
- Facial rejuvenation
This covers all invasive and non-invasive procedures that combat aging factors; the use of injectables to fill furrows, wrinkles and folds, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing.
- Body contouring
This defines all methods of reconstructing body tissues, liposuctions, tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift, vaginal rejuvenation, labia reduction, and others
- Skin rejuvenation
It includes all operations that enhance skin texture, chemical peels, venous stripping for varicose veins, and permanent tattoo removal.
Costs of Cosmetic Surgery in Nigeria
The prices differ based on:
- The plastic surgeon
- The type of procedure and equipment for it.
- The body site to be operated on.
- Location of the hospital.
- Post-surgical treatment.
The following are the range of prices for the most common cosmetic surgery procedures in Nigeria:
- Breast lift – N200,000 to 400,000.
- Face lift – N500,000 to 1,400,000.
- Mommy makeover depends on how many procedures are required for a full makeover.
- Lip reduction – N300,000 to N350,000.
- Nose shaping – N4 million to N5 million.
- Hip reduction – N400,000 to N750,000.
- Tummy tuck – N500,000 to N1,400,000.
- Gynecomastia – N150,000 to N200,000.
- Brazilian buttock lift – N2.2 million to 8 million.
- Vaginal rejuvenation – N200,000 to N800,000.
- Labiaplasty – N80,000 to N120,000.
- Breast reduction – N400,000 to N1,400,000.
- Breast implant – N1,300,000.
- Breast enlargement – N800,000 – N1,200,000.
- Venous stripping for varicose veins – N250,000 to N350,000.
Hospitals That Offer Cosmetic Surgery Procedures in Nigeria
These are some of the reputable places to do cosmetic surgery in Nigeria:
1. Abuja Plastics
Plot 1682 Sanusi Fafunwa Street Consortium House, Victoria Island, Lagos.
2. Grandville Medical and Laser
Plot 106, Zone 2, Eleganza Gardens Estate, Lekki, Lagos.
3. Cynosure Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
7, Okunola-Aina street, off Sunmola street, Mende, Lagos.
4. Flawless skin by Abby
8, Nairobi street, Off Parakou street, Aminu Kano crescent, Wise II, Abuja.
5. Aurora Medical
2B Crown Court estate, Orisa Sanya street, Oniru royal estate, Victoria Island.
6. Regal Plastic Surgery Centre
Estate, No 5 Tom Inko-Tariah Ave, Rumuogba, Port Harcourt.
7. Soul Place Surgery with Dr. Gana
7A, Usama street, off Gana Street, Maitama, Abuja.
As promised, these are the types and costs of Cosmetic Surgery in Nigeria and the Hospitals where you can do them. I hope this was helpful.