Are you searching online for eNaira CBN, eNaira App, eNaira Wallet or eNaira Platform?
This is the right webpage for you.
In this guide, I will show you how to sign up for eNaira wallet using the mobile app or website.
I will also show you how to transfer eNaira to another Wallet and bank accounts in Nigeria.
Ensure you read this guide to end if you are truly interested in learning everything you need to know about the E-Naira.
Do leave a comment at the end of this article if you find it useful or have a question to ask.
Also Read: Which Bitcoin wallet is best in Nigeria?
What Is eNaira?
eNaira is a Central Bank of Nigeria-issued digital currency that provides a unique form of money denominated in Naira.
eNaira serves as both a medium of exchange and a store of value, offering better payment prospects in retail transactions when compared to cash payments.
eNaira has an exclusive operational structure that is both remarkable and nothing like other forms of central bank money.
Benefits Of eNaira
There are several benefits from a central bank-issued digital currency in Nigeria, and this cuts across different sectors of, and concerns of the economy. These benefits include;
- Growth: eNaira fosters Economic Growth by offering easier access to capital and financial services thereby increasing economic activities at low/no interest transaction rate.
- Remittance: eNaira provides a secure and cheaper diaspora Remittance option and an increase in the speed of such transactions.
- Monitoring: eNaira’s traceability limits its use for illicit or fraudulent purposes.
- Welfare: eNaira enables effective, equitable, and faster distribution of cash assistance to households and communities included in government Social Welfare Programs.
- Inclusion: eNaira will accelerate Financial Inclusion.
- Trade: eNaira increases Local and International Trade by making transactions cheap, safe, quick, and better.
- Security: eNaira has a stronger security because it cannot be forged or counterfeited as a result of its unique identity and security structure.
- Revenue: eNaira aids Revenue collection by reducing cash handling costs.
Features Of eNaira
eNaira has the following features as listed below:
- Unified Payment System
- Contactless Payment
- Bank Account Management
- Peer-to-Peer Payment etc.
eNaira Wallet, App Download and Portal
The eNaira wallet is a digital storage that holds the digital currency on the eNaira app or website. It is held and managed on a distributed ledger.
You need to register and login on the eNaira app or portal to get or access the wallet.
The official portal for eNaira created by CBN is www.enaira.com
You can download the eNaira app from Google Play Store or Apple Store for iPhone users.
Here’s How To Sign Up/Register For eNaira Account Or Wallet
To sign up for an eNaira account or wallet, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download the eNaira app from your respective app store. Run it and click on Register/Signup
Step 2: Select your preferred bank (e.g UBA, Zenith, GTB or First Bank)
Step 3: Enter your valid identification details (i.e. NIN, BVN, or KYC/AML Information, depending on the customer tier you are).
Step 4: Fill in your other identification details (i.e., Name, Place and Date of Birth, Phone Number, Passport Photograph, Email and Password).
Step 5: Wait for the ID to be validated.
Step 6: Receive a notification from your financial institution confirming the validation.
Step 7: Login to your eNaira wallet and start transacting.
How To Transfer eNaira To Wallets And Bank Accounts In Nigeria
Here’s how to transfer eNaira to wallets and bank accounts in Nigeria:
- Login to your eNaira App
- Click on “transfer”.
- Select “Transfer to Wallet” or “Transfer to Bank Account”
- Input the amount you wish to transfer and the account details
- Input your eNaira pin and confirm your transfer.
- Your transaction will be processed successfully.
eNaira Transaction Limits for Different Tiers of Customers
1. Tier One – Customers without Existing Bank Account
- Minimum Account Opening Requirement: NIN
- Daily Transaction Limit: N50,000
- Maximum Cumulative Daily Balance: N300,000
2. Tier Two – Customers With Minimal Spending Abilities
- Minimum Account Opening Requirement: BVN
- Daily Transaction Limit: N200,000
- Maximum Cumulative Balance: N500,000
3. Tier Three – Customers With Regular Spending Abilities
- Minimum Account Opening Requirement: BVN
- Daily Transaction Limit: N1,000,000
- Maximum Cumulative Balance: N5,000,000
eNaira is the Nigerian digital currency that is issued and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Its functionality delivers speedy, safe, and simple trading and transactional opportunities to customers and end-users.
It will be officially launched is on the 1st of October, 2021 as earlier disclosed by the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele.
I hope you find this information useful. If yes, please feel free to share it online now by clicking on the share buttons below.
- Standard Chartered Bank Account Blocking Code
- Stanbic IBTC Bank account blocking code
- Sterling Bank Account Blocking Code
- Union Bank Account Blocking Code
- Keystone Bank Account Blocking Code
- First Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your First Bank Account and ATM Card
- Ecobank Account Blocking Code
- Fidelity Bank account blocking code
- Wema Bank Account Blocking Code
- Access Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block And Unblock Your Access Bank Account and ATM Card
- Zenith Bank Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock Zenith Bank Account and Debit Card
- UBA Account Blocking Code: How To Block and Unblock UBA Account and Debit Card
- Polaris Bank account blocking code: how to block and unblock Polaris Bank account
- Heritage Bank account blocking code
- GTBank account blocking code
- How to open a business or corporate bank account in Nigeria
- FCMB account blocking code