Are you a student seeking for admission to study Food Science And Technology in Nigeria? You’re at the right place. This page reveals the list of universities offering food science and technology in Nigeria, also with the utme subject combination for jamb and o’level requirements.
Food science is the basic science and applied science of food; its scope starts at overlap with agricultural science and nutritional science and leads through the scientific aspects of food safety and food processing, hence, the development of food technology.
Food science brings together multiple scientific disciplines. It incorporates concepts from fields such as chemistry, physics, physiology, microbiology, and biochemistry.
Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food. Related fields include analytical chemistry, biotechnology, engineering, nutrition, quality control, and food safety management.
Here Are The List Of Universities Offering Food Science And Technology In Nigeria
The list of Universities that offers this course are as follows:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University
- Madonna University, Okija
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology, Ondo.
Subject Combination/Jamb Utme Requirements
You must be a science student with a good background of science subjects for you to study Food Science and Technology in Nigeria Universities, and that can only be possible if you meet admission requirements below.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for every course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Food Science And Technology include:
- Agricultural science and
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Food Science And Technology are;
Five O’level credit passes including Englis Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, physics and Biology/Agricultural Science. Obtained at not more than two sittings.
However, candidates with awaiting results may apply provided evidence of results would be available before resumption.
These are the universities that offer food science and technology in Nigeria.
As you can see, the list features both Federal and State universities offering the course.
I hope you find this information useful. If yes, please feel free to share with your family and friends.