Are you among those whose shops were vandalized by hoodlums during the period of the #EndSars protests in Lagos State?
All hope is not lost. The Lagos State government is offering all business owners whose shops and offices were looted an opportunity to access some funds to help get back to business.
This goodnews was announced earlier today in a tweet by the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat.
In his tweet, the Deputy Governor encouraged Lagos based businessmen whose stores were vandalized by hoodlums this week to take advantage of the MSME Recovery Fund offered by the state government to get their business back to normal.
Here is a detailed guide that explains everything you need to know in order to access the fund. Read on!
What Kind Of Business Can Apply For The LASG MSME Recovery Fund?
If your business falls into any of the following categories, you are free to apply for the Lagos State Government Business Recovery Support. The categories are:
- Food and Beverages
- Food and Restaurant
- Oil and Gas
- Professional Services
- Retail and Wholesales
- Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Fashion and Beauty
- Financial Services
- Transportation and Logistics
Requirements For Applying For The Lagos State Government Business Recovery Fund
To help you re-establish your business in Lagos State after your shop was vandalized, the Lagos State government is willing to assist you with some funds. But first you must meet some requirements.
The requirements are:
- You must be willing to provide photo proofs that your shop or office was truly looted by hoodlums during the period of the EndSars protests.
- You must have a valid mobile phone number and a working email address to be able to receive messages from the government concerning the funding.
- You must be able to estimate the amount of damages done. Simply go round the shop and calculate how much the damages would cost to fix in monetary terms.
- You must be willing to state the exact location where the looting took place. This includes the street, town and local government area.
- If you have some employees working for you, you must be willing to state their number i.e how many of them you have.
- Open the SME Recovery Form using your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- Fill your correct details on the form. Do not do this in a hurry to avoid mistakes.
- Enter your business name, location and select the sector.
- Upload photo evidence of the looted shop.
- Once you are done, click on the Submit button to complete the process.